What are the specialties of Gorakhpur Railway Station?
Gorakhpur Junction Railway Station (station code: GKP) is located in the city of Gorakhpur in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It serves as the headquarters of the North Eastern Railway.
The station offers Class A-1 railway station facilities like like retiring rooms,waiting halls (A/c) book stalls, auro water machine, food stalls, restaurant, atm, lift, and cabway facilities.
On 6 October 2013, Gorakhpur became the world’s longest railway platform, after inauguration of the remodelled Gorakhpur Yard, with a stretch of around 1.35 kilometres (0.84 mi).
The total number of Platforms at this station is 10. The city of Gorakhpur serves 10 local railway stations known as Gorakhpur Cantt, Domingarh, Sahjanwa, Sihapar, Maniram, Nakaha jungle, Kushmi, Jagatbela, and Unaula.
SPECIALITIES OF GORAKHPUR JUNCTION RAILWAY STATION
- A railway platform in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh entered into the Limca Book of World Records for being world’s longest railway platform i.e. Platform No. 1 of the Gorakhpur is 1366.33 metres with ramp and 1355.40 metres without it.
- The station offers Class A-1 railway station facilities like like retiring rooms,waiting halls (A/c) book stalls, auro water machine, food stalls, restaurant, atm, lift, and cabway facilities.
- Gorakhpur junction railway station is directly connected to all major cities of India by trains like New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Visakhapatanam, Lucknow, Varanasi, Agra, Bhopal, Jaipur, Amritsar, Darbhanga, Kamakhya, Jammu tawi, Ahmedabad, Jhansi, Bangalore and many others.
- Gorakhpur railway station is located at the distance of 89km from Nepal border namely (Sonauli).
- Gorakhpur is amongst the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railways.
- It handles over 189 trains daily.
- Gorakhpur Junction railway station is a railway station, which is a originating and terminating station of different trains running to different cities of India like – Gorakhdham Express (Gorakhpur – Hisar), Raptisagar Express (Gorakhour – Trivananthapuram Central), Kashi Express (Gorakhpur – Lokmanya Tilak Terminus), Godan Express (Gorakhpur – Lokmanya Tilak Terminus), Purvanchal Express(Gorakhpur – Kolkata), Maurya Express (Gorakhpur – Hatia), Intercity Express (Gorakhpur – Lucknow Junction) and many other trains like Humsafar Express towards Anand Vihar Terminal.
BENEFITS OF THESE SPECIALITIES
- Many people can opt to go to any cities of India without any obstacle as there are direct trains available for different metro cities like Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Hisar and many others.
- Since the station is offering A-1 facilities, many passengers who are travelling can avail the facilities of retiring rooms, ATM, food stallsetc.
- The passengers who are coming from other cities like New Delhi, Mumbai can visit Gorakhdham Temple, Gita Press etc.