Cisco 300-410 is also known as Implementing Cisco Enterprise Advanced Routing and Services or ENARSI. It is a certification exam that is associated with the new CCNP Enterprise credential that was released at the end of February. As the name implies, it validates knowledge to troubleshoot and implement advanced routing technologies as well as services.
The 300-410 test assesses the individual’s skills in troubleshooting and implementing advanced routing services and technologies, including infrastructure automation, infrastructure security, VPN services, infrastructure services, and Layer 3. In this article, we will give you the answers to the most popular questions about this certification exam, including its structure, format, topics, and other details. Let’s start!
What is Cisco 300-410 exam?
It is one of the concentration tests that you have to clear in order to obtain your CCNP Enterprise certification after passing the core exam, which is Cisco 350-401 ENCOR. There are six concentration tests and you only need to choose one from the list. Many candidates often opt for Cisco 300-410. Before we proceed, we think that it is a good idea to mention all the exams for earning CCNP Enterprise. They are as follows:
- Cisco 300-410;
- Cisco 300-415;
- Cisco 300-420;
- Cisco 300-425;
- Cisco 300-430;
- Cisco 300-435.
Cisco 300-410 focuses mainly on one’s knowledge of the enterprise infrastructure, including dual-stack (IPv4 and IPv6) architecture, infrastructure, virtualization, automation, security, and network assurance. It is also a qualifying exam for Cisco Certified Specialist – Enterprise Advanced Infrastructure Implementation. Clearing this test will help you get this certification. Moreover, the exam focuses on industry-specific and emerging topics, such as automation, wireless, S-DWAN, and network design. So, even when you pursue your CCNP Enterprise, you also get to be recognized for your effort by being awarded the Specialist credential.
What are the main prerequisites for Cisco 300-410 exam?
Every individual can take Cisco 300-410 as there are no official requirements for both this test and the associated certification. However, the candidates should have a thorough understanding of all the topics before they sit for any exam. Without mastering these objectives, they will definitely fail. Besides, the students for the300-410 test often have 3 to 5 years of experience in the implementation of enterprise network solutions.
What are the topics of Cisco 300-410 exam?
This certification test evaluates your knowledge of core enterprise technologies. This is achieved by testing you on the questions sampled from several topics related to these technologies and services. Before taking Cisco 300-410, we recommend that you have the mastery of all these objectives. The subjects listed below are the general guidelines for the content most likely to be included in this exam. It is also worth noting that other related topic areas may appear. Here are the objectives of the 300-410 test along with the weight they are given:
Layer 3 Technologies – 35%
- Troubleshooting route map for filtering, tagging, and attributes;
- Troubleshooting administrative distance;
- Troubleshooting loop prevention mechanisms;
- Troubleshooting EIGRP;
- Describing bidirectional forwarding;
- Configuring and verifying VRF-Lite;
- Configuring and verifying policy-based routing;
- Troubleshooting auto and manual summarization with the routing protocol;
- Troubleshooting OSPF (v2/v3);
- Troubleshooting BGP;
- Policies (path manipulation, outbound/inbound filtering;
- Route reflector;
- Path preference;
- Address families (IPv6, IPv4).
VPN Technologies – 20%
- Configuring and verifying DMVPN (single hub);
- Describing MPLS operations (LSP, label switching, LDP, LSR);
- Describing MPLS Layer 3 VPN.
Infrastructure Security – 20%
- Troubleshooting router security features;
- Troubleshooting device security using IOS AAA (local database, RADIUS, TACACS);
- Describing IPv6 First Hop Security features (source guard, ND snooping/ inspection, binding table, DHCP guard, RA guard);
- Troubleshooting control plane policies (SSH, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, SNMP, HTTP(S), Telnet).
Infrastructure Services – 25%
- Troubleshooting SNMP (v2c, v3);
- Troubleshooting device management;
- Troubleshooting network problems using Cisco DNA assurance (network health, device health, connectivity, and monitoring);
- Troubleshooting network problems using logging (timestamps, conditional debugs, Syslog, debugs, local);
- Using IP SLA to troubleshoot network performance issues using;
- Troubleshooting NetFlow.
How to register for Cisco 300-410 exam?
The 300-410 test is offered by Cisco through Pearson VUE. If you feel you are ready to take this certification exam, you can go ahead and schedule it by following the official registration steps.
- Register with Pearson VUE if you don’t already have an account.
- Log in to your Pearson VUE account.
- Select ‘Proctored Exam’ and then enter the exam code, which is 300-410.
- You will see the prompts to register. Follow them to complete your registration.
Alternatively, you can go to the exam page on the official website and follow the steps provided for registration. You will eventually reach the point where the registration procedure is taken by the Pearson VUE platform. This means that you must have a Pearson VUE account.
What resources should you use for Cisco 300-410 exam preparation?
The most important thing after knowing all the exam details is choosing a place where you will get all the prep resources you need. First of all, you have to check the official Cisco website for the study materials that this company offers. And if you are looking for an additional source, Examsnap is the best choice. This site comes with great tools: from practice tests and braindumps to video tutorials and study guides.
If you have already passed Cisco 350-401 ENCORand you are wondering which one of the six concentration tests you should take to earn the CCNP Enterprise certificate, then you should consider sitting for Cisco 300-410. It is very popular among the professionals who want to obtain this professional-level credential with ease. Get all the information and study materials from the official website and the Examsnap platform and register for the exam as soon as you can.