In the past couple of months, railways has been trying to upgrade train coaches and railway stations under various schemes. Some of these initiatives include upgradation of coaches including toilets in identified rakes of existing trains under Project Swarn and Project Utkrisht.
Railways has planned to upgrade about 640 rakes of mail and express trains under Project Utkrisht in two years at the cost of Rs 400 crore. These Utkrisht rakes have a new colour scheme both outside as well as inside. Passengers will enjoy better amenities like LED lighting, odourless toilets etc in the upgraded rakes.
UDYAN Express in New Avatar; UTKRISHT Coaches
Mumbai – Bnagalore Udyan Express in a brand new look with its ol;d Blue Coaches refurbished and repainted in Utkrisht Livery gleams under the morning sun heading towards its final destination Bangalore hauled by a WDP4D Dual Cab EMD.
Video – The RailZone.
Central Railways recently upgraded 5 train rakes under Utkrist project. The upgraded rakes include Amravati-CSMT Express, Siddheshwar Express & Udyan Express, Gadag Exp, CSMT Sevaram Exp & Solapur-Hassan Exp.
Take a look at the upgraded features of these rakes:
1. The coaches have PU painting with Utkrist colour scheme on the exterior.
2. Toilets have been completely re-engineered and now have better flushing standard ceramic Indian as well as western toilet pans.
3. In order to prevent water stagnation in the washrooms, anti-skid tiling with proper slope has been provided.
4. The toilets have improved ventilation, window louvres, plush interior with silver metallic and aluminium composite panel.
5. For conservation of water, a metered dual flush valve having two step flush with 1.5-litre water and 4-litre water have been installed.
6. Passenger information system has also been installed to provide information regarding upcoming stations.
7. The coach has LED Lighting for better illumination.
8. Braille Signage has been introduced for the convenience of visually impaired passengers.
9. The coaches also have anti-graffiti vinyl wrapping in doorway and gangway area, train time table, coach indication boards and dustbins in the gangway area, USB charging points, acrylic mobile adapter and digital wall clock.
10. Passengers will also be able to enjoy WiFi hotspot system with inbuilt 500 hours content for en-route entertainment.
Meanwhile, the national transporter is replacing the old ICF design coaches with new LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) coaches. In the upcoming financial year, a total of 120 ICF design train rakes are likely to be replaced with LHB coach trains. The manufacturing of ICF design coaches has already been stopped by Indian Railways.
News – Times Now.