TNSTC Related Videos…
Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation Limited (TNSTC) is a public transport bus operator in Tamil Nadu, India. It operates Intercity bus services to cities within Tamil Nadu, and from Tamil Nadu to its neighbouring states.
TNSTC Bus without door, but they made safety with a rope… Funny Video…
It also operates Public transport bus service in many cities of Tamil Nadu, with the exception of Chennai, where the public bus service is operated by MTC, a subsidiary of TNSTC.
TNSTC is fully owned and operated by the Government of Tamil Nadu. TNSTC has started online booking facilities TNSTC Online Booking to book bus tickets between major cities served by TNSTC. It caters to all the districts within Tamil Nadu and also operates services to neighboring states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana and union territory of Puduchery. Until 1997, transport corporation was bifurcated into 21 divisions which was later merged to form 8 divisions. School and college students get a free bus pass to travel on TNSTC buses.
TNSTC owns 321 depots and five workshops. TNSTC also offers contract and tourist services. Every bus owned by the corporation displays a portrait of Tamil poet Thiruvalluvar along with a two line verse from Thirukkural inside the bus. TNSTC is the largest government bus transport corporation in India also biggest corporation in the world after bifurcation of APSRTC.
TNSTC operates buses of various classes to cater to different sections of public:
- Town buses and low floor buses, operated on inter city routes.
- Moffussil buses, largest in its stable, ply on inter town routes and cater to a majority of the traffic
- Video coaches and deluxe buses operated between major towns.
- Ultra deluxe non AC coaches with recliner seats, operated between important commercial centers to major cities.
- Air conditioned buses operated in intra city routes operated by MTC.
- SETC operates Air conditioned buses from all district headquarters to Chennai.
TNSTC and SETC use custom made buses built on Ashok Leyland and TATA supplied chassis. Air conditioned buses for intra city routes in Chennai are supplied by Volvo. All divisions have individual own coach building units.