LuLu Mall (Kochi) – What to Know Before You Go
LuLu Mall, in the city of Kochi, Kerala, is the largest shopping mall in India. It is one of the most visited places in Kerala. Spanning 17 acres (6.9 ha) with a total built up area of 2.5 million square feet, the mall has a total retal space of 1.7 million square feet. The mall was opened on March 2013. It contains more than 215 outlets, including food courts, restaurants, family entertainment zones, a multiplex, ice skating rink and bowling alley.The estimated cost for this project is more than ₹16 billion or US$250 million.
The property is owned and managed by Lulu Group, which has extensive business in retail, hospitality, real estate etc. Lulu Mall in Kochi was their maiden retail venture in India. The group has planned to construct malls in Thiruvananthapuram,Lucknow, Chennai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. The group’s second and third giant malls are under construction in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala and Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
LuLu Mall is at Edappally Junction, in the city of Kochi, at the junction of two national highways, NH 544 (previously known as NH 47) and NH 66 (previously known as NH 17). This mall has become a retail hallmark of Kerala and leading tourist attraction.
Lulu Mall on October 27, 2016,created a Asia Book of Records and India Book of Records in a step to pledge solidarity to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “Sandhesh for Soldiers” Diwali campaign, Lulu Mall and group employees lit 5509 Diwali diyas ( Earthern Lamp) in a min placed to deliver the message “Lulu salutes our soldiers” at the mall premises.
- LuLu Hypermarket
- 2,500-seater food court that has 22 multi-cuisine kitchens and 4 fine dining restaurants
- 71,000 square feet (6,600 m2), nine screen PVR Cinemas multiplex
- Arcade games, 5D Cinema, party hall, 12-lane bowling alley, indoor climbing, rides, and amusement
- 5,000 sq ft (460 m2) ice skating rink (South India’s largest)
- Parking space that can accommodate 3500 vehicles
- Money exchange centres
- Large glass central atrium with translucent roof
Anchor stores & Mini departmental stores
- LuLu Hypermarket, on the ground floor is the largest hypermarket in India, covering an area of 2 lakh sq. ft. It sells a wide variety of foods, including frozen foods, canned foods, fruits and vegetables, meat and poultry items, bakery items, and hot food counters.
- The other anchor stores include Lulu Fashion Store, Lulu Connect, Lulu Celebrate, PVR Cinemas and Sparkys.
- The mini departmental stores at the mall include Westside and Marks & Spencer.
- The mall features a 71,000 square feet (6,600 m2), 9 screen PVR Cinemas multiplex on the second floor, with exclusive entry elevators from outside.
- The third floor has a leisure zone which includes an indoor climbing wall, ice skating rink, 5D Cinema, arcade gaming zone, rides, party hall and a 12 lane bowling alley.
Adjacent to the shopping mall is a Marriott Hotel.The hotel stands at a height of 84 meters and has a Helipad.