Idli Burgers from leftover Idli- Ideal snack for kids and easy Party food, finger food.
Idli burgers is Just about the best way to utilize leftover Idli, and it can serve as a perfect party snack or finger food for any party. If you are a vegetarian this recipe can just come handy.
I remember the times when we would have idlis for dinner and the next day mom would serve us with these amazing idli burgers or you can even call them idly sandwiches which would be so mouthwatering that no one could guess that it’s leftover food.
And since then it has become a routine in my household one day idly the next day idli burgers. I am sure once you give this recipe a try you will end up making more or extra idlis just so you can enjoy these burgers.
Ingredients to make Idli Burgers
- 4 Idli (Leftover or fresh)
- 4 tsp Tomato ketchup/ Sauce
- 4 tsp Spicy Sandwich chutney
- 4 Cheese slice
- for frying Oil
- 4 Toothpick (to hold the burger)
- Slice the Idli into half going horizontal.
- In a wok heat up the oil then lower the flame and add 1 slice of the idli at a time.
- Make sure you fry the idli till golden brown on both the sides.
- Using a holed spoon drain the excess oil and remove the idli.
- Land the fried idli on top of a kitchen paper towel.
- Repeat the same process with rest of the idlis.
- Once done with the frying take the flat part of the idli and apply ketchup .
- Now take the second part of that fried and sliced up idli and apply the spicy Sandwich chutney.
- Take a slice of cheese and land it on top of the chutney applied idli, and then cover the cheese with the ketchup applied idli.
- You can slice the idli into half or serve as whole.
- Use a toothpick to piece the Idli Burgers so they remain intact. Serve while hot.