Aanavandi a private blog developed and maintained by Sujith Bhakthan & Team, with the goal of providing information about various public transport services in Kerala, including Kerala RTC services.
1) Kannur Deluxe, the Kannur-Trivandrum Super Deluxe introduced in 1967 is oldest existing super deluxe service.
2) The longest Fast Passenger class service is the Pathanamthitta-Thirunelli Temple LSFP
3) Kerala RTC is the first road transport corporation in India which Introduced a Volvo AC Bus to the fleet to operate as a Stage Carriage Service.
4) Trivandrum depot’s Kozhikode super deluxe is the fastest intrastate stage carriage bus in Kerala with a running time of just 8 hours 35 minutes to cover 420 kilometers
5) The shortest Super Deluxe service is Sulthan Bathery-Bangalore covering just about 250 kilometers one-side
6) Palakkad-Bangalore super deluxe covers almost 95% of its total operating kilometers outside Kerala.
7) Kottarakara-Mookambika EXP and Mananthavady-Trivandrum SF via Kottayam are the services that touches most number of districts in Kerala. Both covers 10 districts
8) Ernakulam-Bangalore Super Deluxe & Multi Axle Volvo Bus via Coimbatore is the longest service driven by a single driver. It is one among the longest service among all STUs in India driven by a single driver.
9) Covering just 190 kilometers, the Sulthan Bathery-Coimbatore Super fast is the shortest interstate service that have end to end reservation facility.
10) Trivandrum Central is the only depot which does not operate any Ordinary services.
11) Did you know that this TATA Super Fast bus was doing service from Kottarakkara to Bangalore (Around 650 Kms one side) when that existing Super Deluxe bus met with an accident a couple of years ago !!
12) KLX 109, [ D77 ] Depot Workshop vehicle of Chalakkudy depot is the oldest existing vehicle of KSRTC. Presently it is more than 50 yrs old.
13) No other KSRTC buses can be spotted between Palani and Velankanni except the Changanassery-Velankanni super express. That would be the longest lonely ride by any KSRTC Bus, that is about 310 km. The second longest lonely ride is by Kottarakara-Kollur Express, at about 130 km
14) Munnar is the depot situated at the highest altitude, at about 1500 meters above sea level and Alappuzha is the lowest altitude at just 7 meters above sea level
15) Vizhinjam is the depot which is situated closest to the sea at just about 150 meters… other depots which are close to the sea are Thalassery ( about 350 meters ), Poovar( about 400 meters ) and Ponnanni ( about 500 meters )
16) Ernakulam is the largest depot in terms of fleet strength. The depot has about 200 vehicles [including buses, trucks, jeeps and workshop vans ]
17) Thiruvambady is the only depot that has no Trivandrum services either originating or passing through.
18) Kumaly and Aryankavu are the depots which are nearest to any state border. Both depots are just about 1 km away from Tamil Nadu border.
19) Mananthavady is the depot which is nearest to Karnataka Border at 18 km. Sulthan Bathery is at 20km away from KA border and 16km from TN border.
20) The longest Super Fast service is the Trivandrum-Mangalore SF at 640km
21) The longest intrastate Super Fast service is Mananthavady-Trivandrum SF via Alappuzha at 560km
22) The longest Super Express service is Kottarakara-Kollur at 760km
23) The longest intrastate Super Express is Trivandrum-Sulthan Bathery EXP at 540km
24) The longest Super Deluxe service is the Kottarakara-Bangalore Super Deluxe
25) The longest intrastate Super Deluxe service is the Kannur-Trivandrum Super Deluxe
26) The longest AC Garuda service is the Trivandrum-Bangalore via Coimbatore at about 800km. This is the longest service of KSRTC.
27) Ernakulam-Madurai SF gets the maximum rest time at Home depot. It stays idle at Ernakulam depot for about 20 hours.