MUMBAI – PUNE | BHOR Ghats | EXPRESS Trains
Mumbai – Pune Trains passing through the heavenly Bhor Ghats in the peak Monsoon with a wide variety of Diesel and Electric Locomotives making this place a paradise for Rail Enthusiasts.
Bhor Ghat is a mountain pass located between Karjat (KJT) and Khandala (KAD) along the railway line between Karjat and Lonavala in Mumbai – Pune route Located in Sahyadri Hills or Western Ghats of the Maharashtra State.
The train climbs 566 meters in total 28 kms. Its having a ruling gradient of 1:37 that means for every 37 meters run there is a rise of 1 meter. Famous hill stations like Khandala and Lonavla are in this route, its one of the most scenic and green route to travel during monsoons.
The Bhore Ghats comprise of 3 tracks. The 1st track is for traffic going from KJT – KAD towards Pune, the 2nd track is bi-directional meant for two way traffic and the 3rd track , the oldest alignment is for traffic coming from KAD-KJT towards Mumbai/Kalyan.
All the UP Hill Trains towards Pune are attached with Bankers at the rear end of the Train (Locomotives help the train climb up the gradient) while the Down Hill Freight trains are attached with extra locomotives for additional Braking.
Index of Trains captured :
1. KJM WDP4B 40017. 11014 COIMBATORE – MUMBAI LTT ~KURLA Express.
2. GOLDEN ROCK WDP4D 40103. 16339 MUMBAI – NAGERCOIL ~Express.
3. TKD WAP-7 30456. 12263 Pune – Hazrat Nizamuddin Duronto Express.
4. PUNE WDG3A 13175, 51318 PUNE – KARJAT ~SHUTTLE.
5. KALYAN WCAM3 21887. 11026 PUNE – BHUSAWAL Express.
6. KALYAN WDM3D 11398, 11041 MUMBAI – CHENNAI ~ CHENNAI Express.
7. KALYAN WDG3A 13425, 17031 MUMBAI – HYDERABAD ~ Express.
8.KURLA WDS6 36304 / WDM2 0 17983 Shunters. OVER HEAD INSPECTION AND DEPARTMENTAL TRAIN.
9. KAZIPET WDM3A 18889. 11019 MUMBAI – BHUBANESWAR~ KONARK Express.
10. HUBLI WDP4B 40018 . 11302 BENGALURU – MUMBAI ~UDYAN Express.
11. KALYAN WCAM2P 16381 MUMBAI – KANNIYAKUMARI ~ Express.
12. HUBLI WDP4B 40057. 11030 KOLHAPUR – CSMT MUMBAI ~KOYNA Express.
13. MUMBAI – KARJAT – KHOPOLI Local Shuttle.
© The Rail Zone 2018.